Sunday 11 May 2014

Clipping Along

I'm making progress on the orcs, but things crop up and I don't know if they'll be done by Rock Hammer. Not really an issue; I'm quite excited to play with my Ogres, but it'd be exciting to finish the army too.



So what have I been up to? I had a game against Greg's Dwarfs,using the ogres. I was reasonably happy with how things went; I'm starting to get a feel for how hard mournfang and gut stars hit. I copped flack for using a gut star, but it certainly isn't that way by design. I'd take better kit on the slaughtermaster if that was true! I had to bail before the end, but I'd just beaten Greg's two most powerful units in combat (but not destroyed!). Would  have been interesting, but I guess I lose by default. Greg took some photos, using a giant camera, so I didn't bother. I'll just mooch his if he puts them up! Thanks Greg!

On the orc front, a fair bit of progress. The Arrer boys, Goblins and Wolves are all undercoated. I'm still converting the two shamen, but they're coming together:
The lighting is somehow worse than my usual effort.

Also, I started work on the Manglers today. These are just the cores; plenty of putty to come. Thanks to Pete for printing their bases for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment