Sunday 18 May 2014

Orcarus and Dorkaerus

Rockhammer lists are due tonight. At the time of writing, there are only two people paid up. I'm one of them. I think this has something to do with the fact that Face/Off is next week, and it's the biggest tournament Victoria has seen in a while. I'm not going to that; too time poor. Anyway, I need to submit my list tonight it seems. That means I'm committing to getting my army done in three weeks! Where am I so far?

I'm made good progress on the Shamen. Both are complete, ready for paint.
The first mangler. In case it isn't clear, they're masquerading as great eagles. In true orc style. The beak is false.
I think I'll call him Icarus Orcarus.
He can be Dorkaedus. No wings yet, alas.

This means that I'm very close to having the whole army assembled. The only things left to assemble are the wings on Dorkaedus and the Araknarok. I must say, as much as I don't approve of most things GW does, this is the first large plastic kit I have assembled since the giant. The planning is excellent, with mold lines mostly hid beneath other plates, or along the inner edge of a piece. Minimal cleaning required, which is refreshing! I'll have some snaps soon, I'm sure.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you've been working hard. I particularly like the "spellweaver" and "spellsinger". Cool stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definite win on the two shaman models. The vines on their cloak and the posing of the figures as a whole is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Orcs are nominated for a Liebster, Drew. Serves you right for coming up with silly and interesting army concepts, really. http://hoodlinghole.blogspot.com.au/2014/05/return-of-liebsters.html

    ReplyDelete