Saturday 3 October 2015

Duel of Kings: Day 4 (First Post)

So begins another attempt at getting some stuff painted in an amount of time that isn't just "whenever".

Here is my starting picture:
Technical arguments aside, it's not a very good shot for several reasons:
  1. I am missing my Monster. I forgot to order one until today, it will likely be the last thing I paint. I shan't blame Empire Games if I don't complete the challenge, but they're usually pretty good at getting stuff out in a timely manner.
  2. I am missing my war machine. Whilst I have taken possession of some war machines, they were packed with the wrong plastic dwarf parts to base them on (cannon instead of stone thrower chassis). Mantic have already shipped a replacement part (their customer service is awesome!). Last time they shipped to me it took a little over a week. Shouldn't be a problem.
  3. Things are not ranking up. Since I plan to multi-base my stuff, I didn't bother getting these to rank up now. 
  4. There is already some paint on the front row of Decimators. This is what happens when you don't take your starting photo at the start.
This is wasn't my intended submission, but with my plan to multi-base at slightly lower densities, I thought I should still paint the requisite number of actual figures. This meant my horde of Blacksouls, with only 30 models, may not satisfy the criteria. The latest FAQ would support my intent, but I didn't want to go quite that light on models. So Decimators it is (the only infantry I have 40 of).

So my list:
  • Decimator Horde
  • Troop of Halfbreeds
  • Troop of Gargoyles
  • Regiment of Lesser Obsidian Golems (ok, they're not a "troop" per se, but they are a regiment, which is in theory more work than a troop. Hey, at least I'm not claiming they count as two troops!)
  • Troop of Blacksouls
  • Katsuchan Rocket Launcher
  • Greater Obsidian Golem
  • Halfbreed Champion
Progress updates as I make it.

Good painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment