|The smaller boats are complete, excepting the masts. The mast timber needs a bone brush, and obviously the sails are not started yet.|
|The larger vessels have had bowsprits attached. These still need painting.|
|The bowsprits were added to facilitate some figure heads. I had a few figures from the Eureka "Gentleman's' Range" that I bought in my misguided youth. This was a good way to use up some figures that has sat unused for quite a while now.|
So looking well on-track for ConVic in two weeks. At this point, I need to:
- Complete the mermaid tails. I can't figure out how to texture the tails without rolling out dozens of tiny beads to flatten into scales, so I may leave them smooth. Thy still need a fin on the end.
- Drybrush the masts
- Paint the sails
- Paint the bowsprits and figure heads
- Give everything a hit of Dulcote
- Gloss the water
- Build a new Goblin Blaster (because the boat I'm currently using doesn't look quite right). I will use materials and figures that are already on hand for this.
- Re-base my characters. I'm not sure if they need rocky outcrops to stand on, or if floating around on their dinky rafts is a nice nod to the original army. I'll see.